Family Law Library

Am I entitled to a property settlement?

You can make an application for a property settlement under the Family Law Act if any of the following apply:

  • your de facto relationship lasted for at least 2 years;
  • you have a child with your de facto partner; or
  • you have made a substantial contribution to the property or finances of your partner.