Family Law Library

What if I dispute being the father?

If a father gets a Child Support Assessment notice from the Child Support Agency to pay child support, but disputes being a parent of the child, it is possible to apply to Court. It is necessary to apply within 56–60 days of receiving the assessment. The time limit depends on which court you use. Get legal advice if you wish to question an assessment.