What should you do if you want a binding financial agreement?
If you want a binding financial agreement, then you will need to discuss the following with your partner beforehand:
• who will work during the relationship?
• is there a plan to have children?
• are there children from previous relationships?
• what happens if either partner can no longer work?
• what happens if a child has a disability or illness requiring significant care?
• what are your retirement goals?
• will assets be joint or separate?